|Cody using Arwin's machine to stock shelves|
|Originally Aired:||July 22, 2007|
"Who’s the Boss?" is the 5th episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. After Zack is hired at the Paul Revere Mini Mart, he deals with Cody being his boss, but gets all the credit for Cody's work. Meanwhile, London has a ball coming up, and wants to take Lance, but his mannerisms are goofy and obnoxious.
After quitting his job that Arwin offered him in "Sink or Swim", Zack gets a job at the Paul Revere Mini Mart. Cody does not like this at all. Because Zack is new, he is a junior bagger and Cody is a senior bagger. Zack ends up getting the credit for stuff that Cody did for him, and Wayne is believing that Zack is a better worker for Cody.
Meanwhile, London is incredibly embarrassed by Lance’s behavior (because he is a water-addict), and she does not show him to her friends Chelsea and Tiffany. Eventually, they meet, but it is awkward. London asks Maddie for advice, but that does nothing. Later on, Lance gets help from Carey and Mr. Moseby on how to be fancy, while Maddie suggests that London should try to adapt to Lance’s aquatic stylings.
Arwin had a letter sorter around that went wrong (seen earlier in the episode), and he told Cody that he could make it into a high quality stacking machine. Arwin makes one that day, and they turn up to the Paul Revere Mini Mart. At first the machine goes well, but after attempting to speed it up, the machine breaks and Cody gets fired.
At the Golden Silver Ball, Lance turns up with a tuxedo and talks fancy like. London’s friends are impressed, but London turns up wearing surfer clothes. London is shocked but the two end up dancing together.
At the end, Cody is rehired, but Zack and Cody work as equals (both are the same rank).
- Wayne: Cody, that's is not a polite way to treat a lady.
- Cody: She's not a lady. She's our mom.
- Wayne: (moves Zack aside) Well, hello, mama. Is there a papa in the scene? If not, you can find the gold pot at the end of the Wayne-bow.
- Carey: I'm not Irish and you're not getting lucky.
- Carey: So Launce—
- (Lance laughs)
- Mr. Moseby: What's so funny?
- Lance: She called me Launce! Ooh, does that mean in the morning, I put on my paunts?
- Carey: Only if you live in Fraunce!
- (Carey and Lance laugh)
- Mr. Moseby: Okay, you know what, if you two are not going to take this seriously, I have more important things to do!
- Lance: Come on, Mr. Moseby. Give me one more chaunce!
- Maddie: (about Lance) Well, London, instead of trying to change him, why don't you try to change a little?
- London: I am not growing gills. Ooh, at least not until they invent diamond gill rings.
- Maddie: I think I'm gonna upchuck on a woodchuck!
- (Zack is messing up stacking shelves as Cody passes by)
- Cody: Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!
- Zack: Who cares, who cares, who cares?
- Cody: Our shoppers, our shoppers, our shoppers!
- Zack: Ok, I'm not playing anymore.
- (Maddie hangs up the phone after talking to London)
- Holly: So what's going on with London?
- Maddie: Boyfriend problems, but you guys are too young to hear about that sort of stuff.
- Holly: I have a boyfriend.
- Jasmine: I have two.
- Leah: I've had three.
- Amy: I'm married. (the other girls look at her strangely) We're separated.
- Mr. Moseby: (to Lance) Now, use your imagination and pretend that Carey is a young, beautiful aristocrat. (laughs)
- Carey: After that, you can pretend Moseby's tall enough to see over his desk.
- When Lance walks into the Gold and Silver Ball, he introduces himself as "Fishman... Lance Fishman," in a similar manner to James Bond.
- This episode has the same title as the 1980s sitcom, Who's the Boss?.