|First Appearance:||"Hotel Hangout"[SLOZAC] |
"It's All Greek To Me"[SLOD]
|Last Appearance:||"Mr. Tipton Comes to Visit"[SLOZAC] |
"A London Carol"[SLOD]
The Tipton Hotel is a fictional hotel chain from the television series The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. The Boston, Massachusetts location is the focal point of the series. Most of the action occurs inside the hotel and is the main setting for the series, particularly the lobby, the basement, the Tipton's 5-star restaurants, the ballroom, the game room, the Martins' suite on the 23rd floor, and London Tipton's penthouse. The Imperial Suite is the third largest room in the hotel, where most show guest stars stay. The owner of The Tipton Hotel is Mr. Tipton, and the former manager is Mr. Marion Moseby. The hotel was built in 1939.
The Tipton Hotel chain is presumed to be a parody of the Hilton Hotel chain, as London Tipton is a parody of real-life hotel heiress, Paris Hilton.
Tipton Hotels can also be found in different cities. They are located in all parts of the world, like the Hilton Hotels.
The Tipton Hotel was founded in the 18th century. Later, the hotel's success up to that point was lost to the Great Depression. At this time, London's grandmother became a billionaire from its renewed success. In the 1990s, London was born and raised in the Boston Tipton Hotel, where she lived until 2008, before moving to the S.S. Tipton.
The Tipton is located at 138 St. James Ave. near Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts. Considered the finest hotel in the area, several guests find it best to book months in advance. It has rivalry with the Saint Mark Hotel across the street.
Description of Place
The twenty-five story Victorian Renaissance hotel has 556 guestrooms and suites featuring the best in rich and opulent lifestyles with fine dining and luxuries. The hotel includes room service, two restaurants, a game room, indoor swimming pool and fitness center for its guests. The exterior features a pitch copper roof and a decorative frieze at both the eight and tenth floors.
- Celebrity weddings
- Go Dance USA competition
- Battle of the Bands
- Universal Mini Miss Pageant
- The Beacon Hill Masquerade Ball (formerly held at the St. Mark Hotel)
- Press conferences
- Motivational speakings and lectures
- Bar/Bat Mitzvahs
- Science fairs
- Birthday parties
- Spelling Bees
- Celebrity showings
- Boston Ballroom Dance Competition
- Junior Fashion Show
- Hotel Engineer Games
- Entomology convention
- Marion Moseby - former bellhop, hotel manager
- Carey Martin - lounge singer
- Maddie Fitzpatrick - candy counter
- Esteban Ramirez - former bellhop, assistant night manager
- Arwin Hochauser - hotel engineer
- Chef Paolo - chef
- Patrick - maître d'
- Muriel - former housekeeper
- Lance - pool lifeguard
- Skippy - night manager
- Irene - concierge
- Serge - former concierge
- Tuck - room service
- Henry - carriage driver
- Norman - doorman
- Deborah - maid
- Rose - maid
- Grace - maid
- Gary - another unseen waiter- got hit by an ambulance that was transporting Patrick and Rich after a car crash
- Rich - an unseen waiter- got knocked down by Patrick in a sports car
- Dr. Chip Walters - hotel doctor
- Chuck - waiter
- Veronica - masseuse
- Nia Moseby - candy counter (Mr. Moseby's niece, Maddie's substitute)
- Millicent - candy counter (Maddie's other substitute)
- Beauty Pageant winners
- The Japanese ambassador
- New York Yankees
- Circus entertainers
- Pop star Jesse McCartney
- Merit Scholars
- The French ambassador
- Bernard Bernaise - Food critic
- Amputater (wrestler)
- Hannah Montana and her father Robbie Ray (from Disney's Original Series "Hannah Montana")
- Raven Baxter, an employee of the famous designer Donna Cabonna (from Disney's Original Series "That's So Raven")
- Kurt Martin, the twins' father who visited the Tipton 5 times (to date).
- Prince Sanjay of Ishkabar
- Con artists Harry and Holly O'Neill
- Mr. Moseby's big brother, Spencer
- Japanese opera singer Kumiko Mori
- London's fifth stepmother Brandi Tipton.
- Mr. Moseby's grandmother Rose Moseby
- The Moroccan ambassador
- Tony Hawk
- Chris Brown
- The Cheetah Girls
- Adrienne Bailon
- Basement ( The boiler is located here)
- Ballroom (Many events are there)
- Employees Room (Employees's Room)
- Laundry (Tipton's Laundry)
- Reception (Tipton's Reception)
- Manager's Office (Moseby's office)
- Samurai 1500 (Tipton's Kitchen)
- Honeymoon Suite (A Suite with many hearts)
- Suite 613 (Ghostly Appearance in the Tipton)
- Suite 620 (mentioned only)
- Suite 2330 (Martin's Suite)
- Suite 2500 or Penthouse (London's Suite)
Several people are known to live full-time at the Tipton:
- London Tipton, rich daughter of Mr. Tipton, lives in the penthouse in suite 2500 with her dog Ivana. The suite takes up almost her entire floor (particularly her closet), but is not an actual penthouse, as other guest rooms exist on the floor. In 2008, London moved to the S.S Tipton to go to School.
- Carey Martin, the lounge singer, and her twin sons, Zack and Cody, live in suite 2330 at the Tipton Hotel.
- Arwin Hochauser, the hotel engineer, used to live in the bottom floor of the Tipton Hotel & had a cot in his office. He lived with his mother on weekends until she moved away with her new husband and Arwin got the apartment.
- Marion Moseby, the former hotel manager often quoted the Tipton was his home, but actually lived in an apartment seconds away from the hotel looking almost like the Tipton lobby. He was the manager of the Tipton hotel until Mr. Tipton promoted him to be the manager of the S.S Tipton. After the S.S. Tipton got sold and scrapped, he was relocated to the New York Tipton, as revealed in an episode of Jessie.
- Nia Moseby, Mr. Moseby's niece who is now staying with him. She might have her own suite or lives in an apartment with her uncle too.
Tiptons around the world
There are Tipton hotels in the following locations: Tokyo, Los Angeles, Paris, New York City, Mumbai (Bombay), Boston, Siberia, Taipei, Peking, Morocco and Milan. The New York City Tipton made an appearance in an episode of Jessie.
In "The Suite Life Goes Hollywood", it is revealed that there is a Tipton in Hollywood. Instead of located right by a street as the Boston Tipton is, it is located on a beach. The luxury suite, in which Carey and the boys stay in, is very similar to their suite back in Boston, except for the view.
The Tipton's main competition is the Saint-Mark Hotel, across the street (Irv Wheldon, Hotel engineer who hates Arwin, Ilsa Shickelgrubermeiger-Von Helsing der Keppelugerhofer, Manager who hates Mr. Moseby, and the owner of the Saint-Mark hotel, from "Cookin' With Romeo and Juliet", and Gredel, Nauckwerust counter girl who hates Maddie and has a crush on Esteban as shown in the episode "Bowling".). Another hotel in the area mentioned was the Glitz-Carlton (A parody of the Ritz-Carlton). Many of the competition hotels came to The Tipton for the hotel engineer games in the episode "Going For The Gold".
|Places of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody|
|The Boston Tipton • Suite 2330|
|Buckner Middle School • Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow • Cheevers High School|
|S.S. Tipton • Tipton Daycare • Paul Revere Mini Mart • Cluck Bucket • Liberty Park|