|The gang in the Suite 613|
|Originally Aired:||October 14, 2005|
"The Ghost of Suite 613" is the 19th episode of the first season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Zack and Cody hear a rumor that says there is a ghost in Suite 613. Along with Maddie, London, and Esteban, the twins go to Suite 613 to spend the night.
After Zack shows how much he enjoys scaring Cody, London shares with them a secret about a ghost in Suite 613. Zack is anxious to see the ghost, but Cody is scared. Once London says she accidentally left a thousand dollars in the suite, however, everyone, including Maddie and London, rush to the elevator. On their way up, they meet Muriel, who gives them the suite's key and tells them the story of the ghost: Irene was a rich and beautiful young woman who checked in with her husband on their honeymoon night in 1942, but the next day, he went off to fight in World War II. Irene waited for 3 years, but he never came back. It turned out that he had met an Italian woman and they opened up a pizza parlor in Naples. After finding out this shocking revelation, Irene grew angry and, in a fit of rage, threw the silver hairbrush her cheating husband gave to her before he left at her mirror. As it shattered, one of the flying glass pieces cut her, and she died. Afterwards, Muriel tells them, "Good luck".
The crew finally arrive in suite 613, where Irene's picture is still up on the wall, as well as a few gargoyle statues and the broken mirror. Maddie finds the purse London left, but the money isn't in it; afterwards, Mr. Moseby shows up and tells the kids they're making too much noise before ordering them out. It turns out that Moseby does know about Irene, and after a bit of convincing, he tells them how he once encountered her: Back when he had started working at the Tipton as a bellhop, he was working so hard, he got tired, and decided to check into Suite 613. He had heard rumors about it, but didn't believe them, until he felt a rush of cold air and smelled pizza. Upon saying "pizza", though, he heard Irene's voice and a hairbrush flew into the mirror. Terrified, Moseby tried running out of the room, when the door closed on him and he bumped into it and fell. He didn't get a concussion, but his ankle was injured. After this story, Zack pops up and scares everyone again, acting as a ghost. Zack, knowing Cody was incredibly scared, bets him five dollars he can't spend the night in Suite 613. Carey agrees to it, as long as Maddie and London go, too.
During the course of the night, Arwin arrives and detects paranormal activity in the room, while Esteban comes and holds a seance, where he attempts to channel Irene's spirit. During the seance, the spirit of Irene takes Maddie for her love of pizza (although she was actually trying to spite Irene with her disbelief of ghosts), takes Cody's blanket away (as his nervousness causes him to slip his mouth), and London because of her persistence of her lost money (as she couldn't take a hint on being quiet). This freaks Zack out, who trie s to escape the room, only to find out that it was a prank, pulled by everyone else in the room. The others explain that it was to get back at Zack for all the pranks he had pulled on them.
However, at the end of the episode, Zack and Cody are back in suite 613, because Cody left his blanket in there. They end up seeing the real ghost of Irene, who returns Cody's blanket. It turns out that Irene is actually kind and friendly (which was quite different from how Muriel and Moseby portrayed her).
- Carey: Now, Cody, you do whatever you want. But you guys know perfectly well there's no such things as ghosts. Although, if there were, my mother-in-law would still be haunting me.
- Zack: You guys are mean!
- Maddie: Sorry, Zack, but you did so many practical jokes on us, we just wanted to show you how it feels.
- Esteban: Like the gassy noises. Most of which were not mine.
- London: Yeah, and that fake love letter from Orlando Bloom. He took out a restraining order against me.
- Zack: I didn't send you any letter!
- Maddie: (giggling) Okay, that was me.
- Esteban: Spirit, hear me! I'm calling you! (hums)
- London: What's going on?
- Esteban: I'm on hold.
- London: (opens her purse and gasps) The ghost stole my money! She is so dead!
- Cody: Have you ever seen the ghost?
- Arwin: Sadly, no. But I have seen Muriel in a hairnet. (shudders)
- Mr. Moseby: Although I did injure my ankle, I was never able to boogey-oogey-oogey again.
- Esteban: I meant we need to help the poor demented ghost cross over to a better place.
- Maddie: You mean like the St. Mark Hotel where they pay overtime?
- Esteban: This is not a joking matter.
- Maddie: Obviously, you haven't seen my paycheck.
- Maddie: (to Zack and Cody as they attempt to get London's purse from her) Finders keepers, losers weepers.
- London: Hand me the loot or you get the boot.
- Zack refers to Irene in The Suite Life on Deck episode, "The Ghost and Mr. Martin".
- This episode was never aired in Poland because of the themes.
- Suite 613 is an allusion to the idea that the numbers 6 and 13 are usually considered unlucky or evil numbers.
- When Esteban says "She's here!" in the weird high voice, it's referring to the Poltergeist movies. In Poltergeist, the little girl says "They're here!" in a high voice, and in Poltergeist II: The Other Side, she says "They're back!" in a high voice.
- Carey makes a comment about her mother-in-law, presumably Kurt's mother, haunting her. It is clear from this that she has passed away, likely prior to Carey's divorce from Kurt. Also, from what she said, it can be assumed that Carey and her mother-in-law didn't get along that well.
- Irene holds a faint resemblance to the legendary actress Miss Bette Davis, most notably in her hairstyle.
- Arwin makes a reference to Star Wars.
- When Zack, Cody, and the others hear a noise, Cody tries to jump into London's arms but falls to the ground. When Mr. Moseby comes in, Cody is upright, squeezing onto London.