|The gang in the Suite 613|
|Originally Aired:||October 14, 2005|
"The Ghost of Suite 613" is the 19th episode of the first season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Zack and Cody hear a rumor that says there is a ghost in Suite 613. Along with Maddie, London, and Esteban, the twins go to Suite 613 to spend the night.
After Zack shows how much he enjoys scaring Cody, London shares with them a secret about a ghost in Suite 613. Zack is anxious to see the ghost, but Cody is scared. Once London says she accidentally left a thousand dollars in the suite, however, everyone, including Maddie and London, rush to the elevator. On their way up, they meet Muriel, who gives them the suite's key and tells them the story of the ghost: Irene was a rich and beautiful young woman who checked in with her husband on their honeymoon night in 1942, but the next day, he went off to fight in World War II. Irene waited 3 years, but he never came back after he wound up with an Italian woman(the new couple opened up a pizza parlor in Naples). After finding out this shocking revelation, Irene grew angry and, in a fit of rage, threw the silver hairbrush her cheating husband gave to her(before he left for the war) at her mirror. As it shattered, one of the flying glass pieces cut her and she died.
The crew finally arrive in suite 613, where Irene's picture is still up on the wall, as well as a few gargoyle statues and the broken mirror. Maddie finds the purse London left, but the money isn't in it; after this, Mr. Moseby shows up and tells the kids they're making too much noise, and orders them out. After a bit of convincing, he tells them he once encountered her, when he was first a bellhop at the hotel. After this conversation, Zack pops up and scares everyone again, acting as a ghost. Zack, knowing Cody was incredibly scared, bets him five dollars he can't spend the night in suite 613. Carey agrees to it, as long as Maddie and London go, too.
During the course of the night, Arwin arrives and detects paranormal activity in the room, while Esteban comes and holds a seance, where he attempts to channel Irene's spirit. During the seance, the spirit of Irene takes Maddie for her love of pizza(she was actually trying to spite Irene with her disbelief of ghosts), takes Cody's blanket away(his nervousness causes him to slip his mouth), and London because of her persistence of her lost money(she couldn't take a hint to be quiet). This freaks Zack out, who tries to escape the room, only to find out that it was a prank, pulled by everyone else in the room. The others explain that it was to get back at Zack for all the pranks he had pulled on them.
However, at the end of the episode, Zack and Cody are back in suite 613, because Cody left his blanket in there. They end up seeing the real ghost of Irene (she returns Cody's blanket). Irene turns out to be a kind, friendly ghost.
- Zack: You guys are mean!
- Maddie: Sorry, Zack, but you did so many practical jokes on us, we just wanted to show you how it feels.
- Esteban: Like the gassy noises. Most of which were not mine.
- London: Yeah, and that fake love letter from Orlando Bloom. He took out a restraining order against me.
- Zack: I didn't send you any letter!
- Maddie: (giggling) Okay, that was me.
- Esteban: Spirit, hear me! I'm calling you! (hums)
- London: What's going on?
- Esteban: I'm on hold.
- London: (opens her purse and gasps) The ghost stole my money! She is so dead!
- Cody: Have you ever seen the ghost?
- Arwin: Sadly, no. But I have seen Muriel in a hairnet. (shudders)
- Mr. Moseby: Although I did injure my ankle, I was never able to boogey-oogey-oogey again.
- Esteban: I meant we need to help the poor demented ghost cross over to a better place.
- Maddie: You mean like the St. Mark Hotel where they pay overtime?
- Esteban: This is not a joking matter.
- Maddie: Obviously, you haven't seen my paycheck.
- Maddie: (to Zack and Cody as they attempt to get London's purse from her) Finders keepers, losers weepers.
- London: Hand me the loot or you get the boot.
- Zack refers to Irene in The Suite Life on Deck episode, "The Ghost and Mr. Martin".
- This episode was never aired in the UK or Poland because of the themes.
- Suite 613 is an allusion to the idea that the numbers 6 and 13 are usually considered unlucky or evil numbers.
- When Esteban says "She's here!" in the weird high voice, it's referring to the Poltergeist movies. In Poltergeist, the little girl says "They're here!" in a high voice, and in Poltergeist II: The Other Side, she says "They're back!" in a high voice.
- Carey makes a comment about her mother-in-law, presumably Kurt's mother, haunting her. It is clear from this that she has passed away, likely prior to Carey's divorce from Kurt.
- Irene holds a faint resemblance to Legendary Old Hollywood Actress Miss Bette Davis' appearance in the Acclaimed 1950 Film "All About Eve". Irene's Hairstyle specifically resembles Miss Davis
- When Zack, Cody, and the others hear a noise, Cody tries to jump into London's arms but falls to the ground. When Mr. Moseby comes in, Cody is upright, squeezing onto London.