You can help clean up by reworking the article in general.
|Zack in Summer School|
|Guest Stars:||Mary Scheer as Laura Bird|
Adam Cagley as Brick
|Absent:||Ashley Tisdale as Maddie Fitzpatrick|
|Originally Aired:||June 30, 2007|
"Summer of Our Discontent" is the 2nd episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Cody finds a job at the Paul Revere Mini Mart, but to get a job, he needs to get Wayne a date with London. Zack becomes the nerd of his summer school class.
Cody searches for a summer job. He asks Mr. Moseby for a job at the hotel while Maddie is absent, but Mr. Moseby immediately declines. Cody then goes to the Paul Revere Mini Mart and meets the assistant manager, Wayne Wormser. At first, Wayne declines, but changes his mind after seeing London Tipton talking to him. Wayne then agrees to hire Cody if he gets a date with London, as Wayne has had a massive crush on the hotel heiress for quite some time.
Cody tells Mr. Moseby his plan to ask London to date Wayne, which he struggles hard not to laugh about, since he's seen what Wayne is like and that there's no way London would agree. Cody then asks London for a favor in a subtle manner, which she flatly refuses before hearing it. But then, in a rare moment of intuition, London correctly deduced that Cody was going to ask her to date a guy who is obsessed with her. Perturbed at this, Cody quickly recovers and says that it was actually an interview with a fashion magazine publisher, which she agrees to attend.
Meanwhile, Zack goes to summer school for English, but discovers that he is the smartest student in his summer school class taught by Laura Bird. Carey informs Zack that he must pass and become mature or she'll send him to military school. Brick and the other kids make fun of him and give him wedgies. Fed up with the bullying he experiences at the hands of Brick and the kids because he actually does his work, Zack stands up to Brick, which impresses his classmates; eventually the whole class comes to suite 2330, where Zack tutors them which allows Zack and the other students to pass the entire Summer School class.
The date/interview between Wayne and London goes terribly (throughout the whole date), and Wayne gets angry at Cody for lying to him. Soon after, however, Wayne calls Cody back to the Paul Revere Mini Mart, as the pictures Cody took at the date became very popular on Wayne's blog.
- Zack: Why is it so hot in here?
- Carey: Because it's summer school which you have to go to for failing the eighth grade.
- Zack: Just English class. Besides, plenty of our greatest leaders failed the eighth grade.
- Carey: Like who?
- Zack: There was that Abe guy, with the beard and tall hat. He lived in Gettysburg and died at the movies.
- Carey: And, yet, you passed History.
- Wayne: Welcome to the Paul Revere Mini Mart. The savings are coming! The savings are coming!
- Mr. Moseby: Millicent, how are the sales going?
- Millicent: Sales? I'm supposed to charge people for candy?
- Mr. Moseby: Yes! That would explain the cash register!
- Millicent: Oops, I thought it was an ATM. I guess this cash belongs to you. (gives Mr. Moseby a wad of cash)
- Cody: Hey London. Do you think you can do me a itsy-bitsy favor?
- London: No.
- Cody: You have no idea what I was going to even say.
- London: You were going to say there's this guy who's obsessed with me because I'm the most amazing person in the world and he just has to have a date with me.
- Cody: (studders and hesitates) Th-Th-That's not what I was going to say a-a-at all. (smiles nervously)
- Zack: Word, Bird. Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't know it. I can make a rhyme anytime.
- Mrs. Bird: Me, too. Did I mention you have detention?
- Brick: (to Carey) Hey, you got a date for the prom?
- Carey: (uneasily) Oh, shucks. If only you'd asked me sooner.
- Zack: Mr. Moseby, can I have a job?
- Mr. Moseby: Sorry, we're not hiring hooligans.
- The title of this episode, "Summer of Our Discontent", is an allusion to a quote from Shakespeare's play, Richard the Third, "Now is the winter of our discontent; Made glorious summer by this son of York".
- Zack is usually seen wearing boxers instead of briefs.
- The mini-mart's quote, "The savings are coming! The savings are coming!" is based on Paul Revere's actual quote, "The British are coming! The British are coming!"
- Ashley Tisdale as Maddie Fitzpatrick is absent for this episode.
- This is the only appearance of Zack's Summer School class except for Mark, who doesn't appear again until "First Day of High School".
- Ashley Tisdale as Maddie Fitzpatrick
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Season 3)|
|Graduation • Summer of Our Discontent • Sink or Swim • Super Twins • Who's the Boss? • Baggage • Sleepover Suite • Arwin That Came to Dinner • Lip Synchin' in the Rain • First Day of High School • Of Clocks and Contracts • Arwinstein • Team Tipton • Orchestra • A Tale of Two Houses • Tiptonline • Foiled Again • Romancing the Phone • Benchwarmers • Doin' Time in Suite 2300 • Let Us Entertain You • Mr. Tipton Comes To Visit|