|Guest Stars:||Matthew Timmons as Woody Fink|
|Originally Aired:||November 14, 2008|
"Sea Monster Mash" is the 8th episode of the first season of The Suite Life on Deck. Cody and Bailey pair up on their science project and search for the legendary sea monster, Galapagos Gerty. Zack, Woody, and London all pair up to do a science project at the last minute.
As the ship docks by the Galapagos Islands, Cody and Bailey pair up on a school science project. Cody is very enthusiastic about it, in which he envisions discovering the legendary sea creature, Galapagos Gurdy. Zack and London both are annoyed to find out that their usual project partners, who are Bailey and Cody, are working together and not with them. Zack, London, and Woody start a simple plant project outlined in the textbook. London, impatient that nothing is happening, adds Woody's smoothie into a beaker containing a plant vine. Meanwhile, Cody and Bailey still haven't discovered anything and end up with a petty argument over a midnight snack. When they discover that the rope tied to the camera was snapped off, Cody jumps to conclusions and decides that Gurdy ate the camera, while Bailey is not convinced. However, Cody's "evidence" is Zack sabotaging Cody and Bailey's project by taking the meat bait, cutting the camera off of the line, and taking a picture of a toy dinosaur to fool them. While Zack is doing this, Woody finds that the plant with the smoothie has grown out of control and traps him. He texts London for help, which results in both of them getting trapped. Back at the Sky Deck, Bailey points out that the picture from the underwater camera shows Zack's nose and Cody is furious. Bailey leaves Cody to write a report on penguins. Later, Bailey comes back to check on Cody where he is still waiting for Gurdy. She ackknowledges Cody's power of imagination in the world of science and they make up. She offers to allow Cody to put his name on her paper about penguins and they walk off. Afterwards, Cody walks into the room he shares with Woody to find that the "vine monster" has trapped Woody, London, and Zack. Cody runs off to sleep in Zack's room.
- Cody: Zack! You have a rare Galapagos cricket on your arm. There are only four left in the world.
- Zack: Ahh bug! Bug, bug, bug! (smashes bug repeatedly with foot) Die, die, die! Eww, eww, eww!
- Cody: Now there are only three left in the world.
- Cody: Where's my science book?
- Zack: What's it look like?
- Cody: Like yours, except it's been opened.
- Bailey: (notices rope moving) Cody...
- Cody: I don't need any more of your negativity, non-believer.
- Bailey: Cody!
- Cody: Just go and do your report on your precious little penguins.
- Bailey: (runs toward Cody)
- Cody: Ahh! Don't hurt me, don't hurt me!
- Cody: Mr. Moseby! There's a monster with teeth the size of surfboards underneath the ship!
- Mr. Moseby: Did you see it?
- Cody: No.
- Mr. Moseby: Do you have a picture?
- Cody: No.
- Mr. Moseby: You have proof of any kind?
- Cody: (showing a chewed-up rope) Yes, this.
- Mr. Moseby: Great. I'll call the reporters and tell them that you discovered rope!
- The title of this episode, "Sea Monster Mash", is an allusion to the 1962 novelty song, "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett.
- Despite having worked hard on a team project in "Foiled Again", Zack neglects to bring it up as an example when asked by Cody when they'd worked together before.