|Originally Aired:||November 14, 2008|
"Sea Monster Mash" is the 8th episode of the first season of The Suite Life on Deck. Cody and Bailey pair up on their science project and search for the legendary sea monster, Galapagos Gerty. Zack, Woody, and London all pair up to do a science project at the last minute.
After the ship docks at the Galapagos Islands, Cody and Bailey pair up on their school science project. Cody wants to discover the legendary Galapagos Gerty. Zack and London both are annoyed to find out that their usual project partners, who are Bailey and Cody, are working together and not with them. Zack, London, and Woody start a simple plant project Zack found in his textbook. Meanwhile, Zack sabotages Cody and Bailey's project by taking the meat bait, cutting the camera off of the line, and taking a picture of a toy dinosaur to fool them. Cody is excited by all of the "evidence" he is getting, but Bailey remains doubtful. Cody realizes it was Zack when the picture from the underwater camera shows Zack's nose. Cody and Bailey end up doing a report on penguins. London poured some of her smoothie into one of the plant's jars, which causes the plant to grow out of control and gain intelligence. In the end it traps Zack, Woody, and London. When Cody sees this, he's says he'll just sleep in Zack's room.
- The title of this episode, "Sea Monster Mash", is an allusion to the 1962 novelty song, "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett.
- Cody: Zack! You have a rare Galapagos cricket on your arm. There are only four left in the world.
- Zack: Ahh bug! Bug, bug, bug! (Smashes bug repeatedly with foot) Die, die, die! Eww, eww, eww!
- Cody: Now there are only three left in the world.
- Cody: Where's my science book?
- Zack: What's it look like?
- Cody: Like yours, except it's been opened.
- Bailey: (Notices rope moving) Cody...
- Cody: I don't need any more of your negativity, non-believer.
- Bailey: Cody!
- Cody: Just go and do your report on your precious little penguins.
- Bailey: (Runs toward Cody)
- Cody: Ahh! Don't hurt me, don't hurt me!
- Cody: Mr. Moseby! There's a monster with teeth the size of a surfboard below the ship!
- Mr. Moseby: You have seen it?
- Cody: No.
- Mr. Moseby: You took a picture?
- Cody: No.
- Mr. Moseby: You have proof of any kind?
- Cody: (showing a chewed-up rope) Yes, this.
- Mr. Moseby: Great. I'll call the reporters and tell them that you just discovered rope!