|Nia and London asking for Cody's help|
|Absent:||Ashley Tisdale as Maddie Fitzpatrick|
|Originally Aired:||September 15, 2007|
"Of Clocks and Contracts" is the 11th episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Zack tries to negotiate a better contract for Carey, but ends up making things worse for her. Nia and London both pay off Cody to help with their science projects, but they end up fighting over who gets him first.
StoryLondon want’s Cody’s help for her Science Project, but once the deal is settled, Nia wants help. He agrees to both of them; earning himself Yo-Yo Ma tickets and lots of money. London and Cody make a potato clock, and Nia and Cody make a Tesla coil.
Meanwhile, Carey is getting a new contract but the deals are really bad (as pointed out by Zack). Mr. Moseby gets annoyed at Zack because he is ruining the chance of Carey getting a bad contract. Zack becomes Carey’s manager.
Back up in London’s Suite, Nia comes up and asks for help. After so much annoyance, Cody tells the girls to keep the tickets and the money; he needs to finish his own project. Nia and London combine their experiments together and ironically, the machine is made into a french fry machine. All is well, and they win the science fair, which makes Cody angry.
While negotiating, Zack actually gets Carey to resign. Carey does not like this at all. Anyway, Zack has a plan to get Mr. Moseby to offer Carey’s job back. A clown Zack previously found pretends to be a manager of the Glitz Carlton Hotel and offers Carey heaps of vacation time and more money. The other manager goes to high and Moseby cannot offer anymore money. Later on, a deal is made and Carey gets her job back with a better contract.
In the end, there is an advertisement for Nia and London’s "Lightning Fry". They decide to sell copies of it.
- Zack: Hey, Mom! I need your help. I got gum in my ear.
- Mr. Moseby: And nothing in your head.
- Nia: (to Cody) You like listening to all that classical junk, right?
- Cody: If by "junk" you mean the music of Beethoven, Mozart, and Bach, then yes.
- Nia: Look, if you help me, I can get my hands on Uncle Marion's symphony tickets to hear Yo-Yo Mama.
- Cody: You mean, Yo-Yo Ma?!
- Nia: Whatever.
- Cody: I'm your nerd!
- London: Cody, will you help me with my science project? The guy I used to use is all stuck up now that he won the Nobel Prize.
- Cody: A Nobel Prize winner tutored you?
- London: No, he just did the research and the writing.
- Cody: Sorry, London, I can't help you. I have a report due on Moby Dick.
- London: I'll pay you.
- Cody: The whale can wait!
- The title of this episode, "Of Clocks and Contracts", is an allusion to the novel Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.
- The working title for this episode was "Agent Zack", but it was changed, likely as it makes the episode sound like it's about espionage.
- For the second time in the series, Cole and Dylan Sprouse have no scenes together. This previously occurred in "Summer of Our Discontent".
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Season 3)|
|Graduation • Summer of Our Discontent • Sink or Swim • Super Twins • Who's the Boss? • Baggage • Sleepover Suite • Arwin That Came to Dinner • Lip Synchin' in the Rain • First Day of High School • Of Clocks and Contracts • Arwinstein • Team Tipton • Orchestra • A Tale of Two Houses • Tiptonline • Foiled Again • Romancing the Phone • Benchwarmers • Doin' Time in Suite 2300 • Let Us Entertain You • Mr. Tipton Comes To Visit|