|Cody at the podium|
|Originally Aired:||June 23, 2007|
- This article is about the episode from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. You may be looking for the similarly-titled series finale of The Suite Life on Deck.
Graduation is the 1st episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Cody is graduating the 8th grade as class valedictorian and Zack is horrified when he finds out he will not be graduating the 8th grade and is scared to tell his parents. Meanwhile, Maddie accepts a camp counselor job at "Camp Heaven-on-Earth" and meets a group of five young con-artists.
Zack and Cody are graduating from the 8th grade. Cody becomes class valedictorian, but Zack is told by Mr. Forgess, the special ed. teacher that he is failing the 8th grade including English, so he can't graduate with his class and will have to go to summer school. Zack decides that he must tell Carey the truth and promising to do well in summer school, and while telling her, their dad, Kurt shows up, saying that he took time from his tour to watch the boys graduate. Instead of telling the truth to his parents, Zack lies, saying that he graduated. Zack sneaks into the graduation, but learns that there are only enough gowns and diplomas for the people graduating. Cody sarcastically tells Zack about forging a diploma and stealing a gown. Zack does this and also prank calls Mr. Forgess about his car being parked at the bottom of a river and becomes part of the graduation, much to Cody's dismay.
After Cody does his speech, all the students are ready to graduate. When the diplomas are being handed out, Zack throws a spitball at the lady up on stage, causing her to shout out his name. Zack pretends to get a diploma and he successfully fools Kurt and Carey. At the graduation party that Carey planned in their suite, Carey and Kurt brag about Zack graduating. Zack feels guilty, and tells them that he didn't graduate. As a result, Zack must give back Kurt's vintage guitar that Kurt gave to him, but Zack promises that he will graduate if he passes summer school.
Sister Dominic comes to The Tipton Hotel, explaining that she needs camp counselors for "Camp Heaven-on-Earth". Maddie willingly accepts, but finds out that it is nothing like the brochure. Plus she has to take care of four young con-artists (one of them is Holly, the same con-artist we saw in the episode "Have a Nice Trip"). Maddie is stuck with them, but London is on the way, and will she get out?
- Sister Dominick: Oh, I just had a baby barf!
- London: Maddie, you know what I like about summer vacation? Not being locked in a stuffy school 'til noon every day.
- Maddie: London, some of us actually come back to school after lunch.
- London: I suppose you go on Fridays too.
- Maddie: Yeah. Silly me.
- Barbara: (to Cody) You know when we get to high school, I'm taking five AP classes!
- Cody: I'm taking six! (Barbara stomps on Cody's foot and she shouts in pain) Steel-toed boots! (joyfully dances away)
- Maddie: For our next activity, I was thinking we could do something to make this cabin more attractive.
- Amy: You're leaving?
- Mr. Forgess: We have a little problem. You seem to have failed English.
- Zack: Wait, what?
- Mr. Forgess: You won't be graduating with your class.
- Zack: No, no, no, no, no! I need to graduate with my class! If I don't graduate, I'll have to go to su... su... su...
- Mr. Forgess: ...mmer school?
- Zack: Yeah, that's it.
- Maddie: (to her campers) Just so you know, I am not going to judge you. In fact, I brought each of you a little gift. (sees that her backpack is missing) Okay, which one of you crooks stole my backpack?
- Zack: I promise you I will graduate, once I pass su.. su.. su..
- Everybody: ..mmer school!
- Zack: Yeah, that.
- Beginning in this episode, Maddie briefly departs the Tipton Hotel to be a camp counselor. All her camp scenes were filmed separately than the rest of the episodes so as to not to interfere with her taping of High School Musical 2.
- When calling Mr. Forgess's cell phone, Zack passes himself off as Officer Lippencollarman. Lippencollarman is the last name of one of the staff of the Tipton Review Board from season one episode "Hotel Inspector".
- This marks the last appearance of George Forgess and Buckner Middle School.
- This is Kurt Martin's fourth appearance in this episode and his final appearance on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- Carey seemed oblivious to Zack failing the 8th grade. However, at school Zack would have received a report card that notified Carey.
- When Maddie says that Holly is the one who "conned [her] out of [her] watch," this is incorrect as Maddie never wagered her watch in the game with Holly.
- When Zack and Cody first enter the suite, the sound of the door closing is heard in the background, but when the scene comes back to the boys, the door is wide open.