|Mr. Moseby and Carey at the principal's office|
|Guest Stars:||Kay Panabaker as Amber|
Kathy Najimy as Ms. Militich
Matthew Angel as Vance
|Absent:||Ashley Tisdale as Maddie Fitzpatrick|
|Originally Aired:||August 26, 2007|
"First Day of High School" is the 10th episode of the third season of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. Zack takes interest in a girl, only to be challenged by her boyfriend and land himself in detention. London attempts to tear down parts of the school to make her own walk-in locker.
Once at school, Zack meets Amber, a girl at the school but she shows no interest in Zack because he is a freshman. He is relentless, though, and he continues to flirt with her until her boyfriend Vance steps in and lands Zack in a garbage can. Nia, standing up for Zack, then proceeds to beat Vance up. As a result, Zack and Nia are sent to Ms. Militich's office. Mr. Moseby and Carey show up, disappointed at the kids being sent to the office.
Meanwhile, London pays several people to follow her around as "friends", despite London not even learning their names. The say comforting things and agree with her for a small payoff, and support everything she does. London then decides to "buy" the students lockers from them so she can put a walk-in closet in the middle of the school. As soon as Ms. Militich shows up, London's friends ditch her, and she is sent to the principal's office.
After helping Mark learn to become a nerd, Cody ends up in the same class as Vance, and because Vance doesn't realize he and Zack are actually twins, he attempts to beat Cody up. Ms. Militich walks in, and sends Cody to the principal's office as well, to join London.
At the end of the day, Mr. Moseby and Carey show up once again. Cody is set free without a blemish on his record, and London is given a day of detention. After a swift argument, Mr. Moseby and Carey are also given "detention". Zack also manages to score a study date with Amber, and Vance starts dating Nia.
- Mark: I have to say, I prefer being a nerd. It's a lot more satisfying hitting the books instead of hitting someone right in the kisser!
- Cody: Mark... how many fights have you actually been in?
- Mark: Well.... at least.... none.
- Ms. Militich: And you are...?
- Carey: Oh, sorry, I'm Carey Martin, I'm Cody's mom.
- Ms. Militich: Oh, oh, well, I called you about Zack.
- Carey: I know. I just like people to know I'm battin' five hundred.
- The character "Ms. Militich" may be a reference to the history teacher Mr. Militich from Smart Guy, another series produced by The Suite Life creator Danny Kallis.
- Ms. Militich bears a resemblance in appearance to Edna Mode, a character in the 2004 computer-animated movie, "The Incredibles".
- The Tipton Hotel only appears in the opening scene in this episode.
- Despite this being the first day of high school, the gang was seen in high school in Lip Synchin' in the Rain, as it was filmed significantly after this episode.
- When Cody asks Mark why he's in detention, he tells him that he had nothing better to do. This may reference The Breakfast Club, where a student, Allison Reynolds, gives the same reason.
- Mark takes Taekwondo classes, but calls his teacher "Sensei Weinstock". People who study Taekwondo are taught by masters, not senseis (senseis teach karate).
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Season 3)|
|Graduation • Summer of Our Discontent • Sink or Swim • Super Twins • Who's the Boss? • Baggage • Sleepover Suite • Arwin That Came to Dinner • Lip Synchin' in the Rain • First Day of High School • Of Clocks and Contracts • Arwinstein • Team Tipton • Orchestra • A Tale of Two Houses • Tiptonline • Foiled Again • Romancing the Phone • Benchwarmers • Doin' Time in Suite 2300 • Let Us Entertain You • Mr. Tipton Comes To Visit|