|Nickname:||Bailey Bunny, Little Haybail, Bailey Pickle,Cowboy Girl|
|Lives In:||Room 8•302, S.S. Tipton[SLOD]|
|Cousin:||The WeeSnorts and Cletis|
|Boyfriend:||Cody Martin (Future Husband), Moose (ex)|
|Uncles:||Abner, Clem, Dobbs, Zeke|
|Pets:||Porkers, Buck (given to Kirby)|
|Friends:||Zack, Maya, Cody, Maddie, Woody, Marcus, London|
|Portrayed by:||Debby Ryan|
|First Appearance:||"The Suite Life Sets Sail"[SLOD]|
|Last Appearance:||"Graduation on Deck"[SLOD]|
Bailey Pickett was born on her farm in Kettlecorn, Kansas. She is the seventh oldest of ten girls and didn't want to just be a farmer's wife. Before arriving on the S.S. Tipton, she dated Moose, but was heartbroken when they broke up. After living in a small town for so long, Bailey decided to follow her dreams and explore the world. She joined the S.S. Tipton, where she would experience several new adventures with plenty of new people, including Cody Martin, who later became her second boyfriend. She is very close to the country lifestyle.
The Suite Life on Deck
In the first season of The Suite Life on Deck, we meet Bailey, a smart, kindhearted girl from Kettlecorn, Kansas. Because she longs to see the world, she enrolls in Seven Seas High as a boy, since every girl already has a roommate. She becomes Zack's roommate and when Zack finds out Bailey's secret, they become close friends. However, after Bailey's secret is revealed to Mr. Moseby, he forces London (who had bribed her original roommate to leave) to accept Bailey as her roommate.
Later in the season, Zack and Cody's friends from the Tipton make an appearance, and Cody tells Barbara, his old girlfriend, that he is currently dating Bailey. When later she appears, he tries to continue the lie but Bailey finds out, and gets angry at him. She then tells Cody that had she been in on the lie, she could have made Barbara really jealous, and she tickles him, hugs him and kisses his cheek. These are the first signs of attraction towards Cody that she shows. They begin dating at the end of the episode "Double-Crossed" when she kisses Cody, thus starting their relationship.
In the following season, Cody and Bailey have two major fights, one in "Lost at Sea" and the other in "Marriage 101". They do manage to get over these, and Cody states that if his legs were really broken, he would "crawl to the ends of the Earth to make her happy." In the episode "Breakup in Paris", Cody rehearses his anniversary date with London, and Bailey sees them together. Thinking that Cody is cheating on her she lets another comfort her, which Cody sees. Because of the misunderstanding, they break-up and are both devastated.
For a long time after that, Bailey hints at still loving Cody, though Cody writes a play which makes Bailey completely guilty for their break-up. When he realizes that his biggest mistake was to break-up with Bailey, he goes to apologize, but she slams the door in his face and sits down crying. The two get back together in the 3-part episode, "Twister", and remain together for the rest of the series.
The Suite Life Movie
Bailey has her and Cody's spring breaks all planned out, and is very excited about it. She finds out that Cody is going to a biology reserve, and will not be joining her. What she doesn't know, is that Cody has done this to get a scholarship for Yale, so that he can afford to go there and be with her, should they both be accepted. She then storms off and deletes him from her phone, hoping that will teach him a lesson, but ends up being pointless since Cody's phone is taken away due to a "possible interference" with some projects at the reserve. Eventually, she learns that Cody went to the reserve for the scholarship and then rushes to find him and save him from being merged with Zack, his brother. At the end, they share a romantic kiss, after which she helps Cody capture the fake Dr. Spaulding (Dr. Spaulding's Brother). Cody and Bailey then manage to complete all of Bailey's desired activities that she planned for them over the remaining days of their spring break.
She is described as nice, smart, fun and loving. Bailey is always looking out for other people's feelings, which shows how sensitive she is. She is a sweet, down-to-earth girl who also has a romantic side to her personality. She adores her boyfriend Cody. Though she fell in love with Cody's sensitive, smart personality, in "The Line of Duty", Cody says they will have to meet after curfew due to lack of quality time, and she says she likes the bad boy Cody. Bailey is really helpful and she always finishes her homework on time and has never missed a day of school as shown in "Senior Ditch Day". She is persistent, as seen in "Smarticle Particles" when she never gave up trying to tutor London.
Bailey is a tall girl with apparent muscle built from her many years toiling at her family's farm. Her figure is slim, but not skinny. Bailey usually has straight hair but has curly hair a lot more in season three. She has brown hair in season one which naturally lightened and became a dirty blonde color with natural blond highlights in seasons two and three. Her outfits consist of mainly jeans and comfortable tops, though occasionally she sports a skirt or dress. She often wears cardigans, plaid patterns, Capri pants, and other clothes. She mainly avoids a sequined and glitter-filled wardrobe. This is often criticized by London, who consistently shows her lack of affection for Bailey's clothes by calling them ugly.
Bailey's appearance has been both praised and belittled on the show by other characters. Cody, being her long-time boyfriend, is often smitten by her looks. Words he uses to describe her appearance include gorgeous, beautiful, cute, and so on. In "Double Crossed" after Bailey asks Cody if Hawaii is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, he states 'Second most beautiful' looking at her. In "The Silent Treatment", Zack even admits that, "Seriously guys, this girl is smokin'."
- Grammy Pickett (Linda Portel) – Bailey's grandmother. She calls Bailey her piggly-wiggly and then both of them would snort together. In "Boo You", London said that the skirt "Grandma" made for Bailey was a tablecloth, also in episode "Mulch Ado About Nothing", Cody says to the fake Grandmother that she calls her "Bunny kins" and she makes great fudge.
- Eunice Pickett (Ginette Rhodes) – Bailey's mother is seen dropping Bailey off on the first day and appears over-protective.
- Clyde Pickett (Joe Dietl) - Bailey's father is a very protective father to Bailey. He likes Moose better than Cody at first, but gains respect for him when he tries to save his farm.
- Myrtle (unseen) – Bailey's aunt who she sends a recipe to. Myrtle has a spider web which has recipes and notes posted on it.
- Abner (unseen) – Bailey's crazy uncle who talks to himself after he was struck by lightning, who is mentioned during London's webisode.
- Clem (unseen) – A great-uncle who searched for Bigfoot, only to find out that he didn't exist, who was mentioned in "Sea Monster Mash".
- Cletus (unseen) – A cousin who owns an alligator farm in Miami. Bailey disembarked the S.S. Tipton so she could spend spring break on his farm wrestling gators, but she had to return to the ship early due to the fact that Cletus drank polluted water and she stated sadly that every gator was donated to Lizard World, an allusion to Gatorland.
- Dobbs (unseen) - Bailey's unlucky uncle who was kicked by a mule, struck by lightning and run over by a tractor.
- Zeke (unseen) - Bailey's uncle mentioned in Prom Night. Bailey tells Cody that she is campaigning for prom queen and that her mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and Uncle Zeke were prom queen (though, she also said that the family did not like to talk about Zeke being prom queen.)
- Nine sisters (unseen) – Bailey tells London that she has six big sisters and three little ones when London says she would be the big sister she never had, to which London responds "Wow, your mom needs a hobby".
- Zack Martin - Zack's brother Cody dates Bailey for most of the series. Zack never quite understands what Bailey sees in Cody, but supports their relationship. Friend wise, Bailey thinks Zack is lazy, but they do become really close friends.
- Maya Bennett - Maya and Bailey do interact often. They are both outspoken and though they appear as friends..
- London Tipton - London and Bailey have a love-hate relationship. London insults Bailey constantly since the day they became roommates. She once insulted Bailey 1 million times in one day. Though insulted often, Bailey still has an extremely strong friendship with London. (See Bailey-London Friendship.)
- Woody Fink - Bailey and Woody are strong friends despite Woody's sloppiness. Bailey tries to help Woody with several aspects in his life.
- Marcus Little - Bailey and Marcus were friends the day he came to the ship in "Roomies". It is known that Bailey possibly slept on Lil' Little bed sheets when she was little.
- Addison - Addison and Bailey are rather close friends and, though their interactions are very friendly and rather calm, they do not interact as often as Bailey does with her other friends.
- Marion Moseby - Mr.Moseby and Bailey are usually in good terms with each other, mainly because she doesn't get into trouble with him like other kids do.
- Emma Tutweiller - Bailey's teacher. In "Parrot Island", Bailey and Cody were irritating their teacher by interrupting her and always answering before her. But otherwise, Bailey never seemed to be a trouble for Emma.
- Cody Martin (Cole Sprouse)- Cody tries to get Bailey to be his girlfriend throughout the first season. In Double Crossed, Bailey and Cody begin to date. In Breakup in Paris, Cody and Bailey decide to end their romantic relationship. Throughout season 3, it had been implied that Cody and Bailey still had feelings for each other. In "A London Carol", it's revealed that Cody and Bailey might be happily married sixty years in the future, still loving and fond of each after fifty years of marriage, of course it was a dream so that might not be true. Finally in Twister: Part 2 they get back together, admitting that they had never stopped loving each other. In Twister: Part 3, Cody and Bailey share their most romantic kiss ever. See Cody-Bailey Relationship
- Moose (Hutch Dano)- Moose and Bailey dated before breaking up. After their break-up, Bailey went onto the S.S. Tipton. In Mulch Ado About Nothing, Moose tries to win Bailey back and have her come back to Kettlecorn with him, but she stays on the boat. In Twister, Part 2, Moose tries to win Bailey back again when she comes home to Kettlecorn, but Bailey chooses Cody over him.
- Holden (Chad Duell)- Holden likes Bailey in season 1 and Bailey likes Holden. She thinks she is being tricked by London in Boo You and tries to find a camera on their date which makes Holden stop liking Bailey.
- Adonis (Adam Bay)- Adonis is a museum worker in Greece who flirts with Bailey, making Cody jealous in season 1's "It's All Greek To Me".
- Jean Luc le Pew (Nick Roux)- In Paris, he likes Bailey but Bailey doesn't like him. Bailey thinks she sees Cody with another girl, so she is comforted by him. Cody sees them, and breaks up with Bailey due to the misunderstanding. Jean Luc immediately hits on London, though it is unknown what happens after.
- Josh (Markus Silbiger)- Her date to the dance in "So You Think You Can Date?" while trying to make Cody jealous. Bailey acts dumb to get Josh to like her but she is dumped by him because she can't hold a conversation and all she says is teehee.
- Aside from speaking English, Bailey also speaks Japanese, French, and Italian.
- She didn't like being confined in Kettlecorn, so when she was born, she crawled all the way to the county line and the civilians caught her. (This was in the rough draft script of "The Suite Life Sets Sail".)
- Bailey wears more modern clothes toward the end of Season 2.
- She is Kettlecorn's three-time Junior Miss Steer Wrestling champion.
- In Frozen, Arturo Vitali created a fashion line called "Hick Chic" inspired by her clothes.
- She was mentioned in the Jessie episode "Karate Kid-tastrophe", along with Cody, because Mr. Moseby was talking to Cody on the phone, saying that Jessie looked exactly like Bailey. Both characters are portrayed by Debby Ryan.
Non - Appearances
Bailey has been absent for nine episodes of Season 1, 2 and 3 of The Suite Life on Deck.
- The Mommy and the Swami (mentioned only)
- Mom and Dad on Deck
- The Wrong Stuff
- Splash & Trash
- Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
|Zack Martin • Cody Martin • London Tipton • Marion Moseby • Maddie Fitzpatrick • Bailey Pickett • Carey Martin • Marcus Little|
|Woody Fink • Emma Tutweiller • Mr. Blanket • Maya Bennett • Kirby Morris • Addison • Esteban Ramírez • Arwin Hochauser • Norman the Doorman • Irene the Concierge|
|The Suite Life of Zack & Cody Characters • The Suite Life on Deck Characters • The Suite Life Movie Characters • Males • Females • Adults • Teens • Villains • One-time Characters • Tipton Employees • Paul Revere Mini Mart Employees • Buckner Middle School • Cheevers High School • Seven Seas High School • The Martins • The Picketts • The Tiptons|